- Beans -- Legumes like kidney beans and lentils are important because they provide plentiful protein to promote hair growth but also ample iron, zinc and biotin. Lack of biotin can result in brittle hair. Three or more cups of beans are recommended each week.
- Nuts -- Brazil nuts are one of nature’s best source of selenium, a mineral for a healthy scalp. Walnuts contain an omega-3 fatty acid and zinc which will help condition hair, as are cashews, pecans and almonds. Zinc deficiency can lead to hair shedding.
- Poultry -- Poultry provides iron with a high degree of bioavailability, your body easily reaps its benefits.
- Eggs -- However they’re served up, eggs provide one of the best protein sources, they contain biotin, and vitamin B-12, which are important beauty nutrients.
- Whole Grains -- Whole grains, including whole wheat bread and fortified breakfast cereals provide a healthy dose of zinc, iron and B vitamins.